This is a slideshare that we did in class with our history teacher Lenny, were we analysed in deep the causes of the First World War.
In class our history teacher Lenny, assigned us work: some of us had to prepare timelines of the years of WW1 and others had misconceptions.
This is a summary of the war.
The timeline of 1914 was made by Federika an Silvestre.
They also found a video.
The timeline of 1915 was made by Juana and Benjamin.
The timeline of 1916 was made by Gonzalo, Lucas and Martina. The also found this video.
The timeline of 1918 was made by Lola and Ignacio.
Essay Writing in Poetry.
This essay will be about the poems ” The Clod and the Pebble” by William Blake” and ” Love iii” by George Herbert. These poems deal with love, but in different ways.
“The Clod and the Pebble” by William Blake is about a clod and a pebble that discuss what love is about. The clod says that love is beautiful the poem says”Love seeketh not itself to please“, this means that love is for everyone, it is not selfish, love is generous. The last line of the first stanza say “And builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.” This means that love is heaven in hell, love is good no matter in who or where. But the pebble says that love is bad. The Pebble in the poem says “Love seeketh only self to please” this means that love is selfish and makes you suffer. An the last line of the third stanza says “And builds a Hell in Heaven’s despite.” This means that wherever there is love there is hate and cruelness.
“Love iii” by George Herbert is about secular love, acceptance of God’s love, changing your mind and accepting God. In the poem “Love” is symbolizes God, this means that the poem is about God’s love, religious love, as the witter is a priest. The poem is a conversation between two people, God and a normal person who rejects God. God still loves him because no matter what, he will always loves us, he created us and love’s us. “Love bade me welcome. Yet my soul drew back” this means that God said hello but he didn’t want to talk to him. “You must sit down, says Love, and taste my meat So I did sit and eat.” Here it says that he finally accepted God and talked to him.
The conclusion is that these two poems deal with two different types of love. “The Clod and the Pebble” with love between two persons and “Love iii” with love between a person and God.
This is the explanation for the assignment you will have to hand in for May 5th the latest. The assignment will have to have the same characteristics as the material we have been working with up to now.
- Choose a stereotype you feel represents you.
- Look for different videos, images, texts and material that will exemplify your point.
- Explain why this stereotype represents you or affects you in some way.
- Explain who are affected at large.
- Explaing where you can see it.
- Provide thoughts of your own to erradicate this issue in our society.
- Give us a conclusionDON´T FORGET TO INCLUDE: IMAGES, VIDEOS, TEXTS, SONGS IF YOU WANT TO.GOOD LUCK!
1) The stereotype I feel represented is ” the typical nerd in the American shows” as I use glasses and brackets. I study all day and get bullied (although I am not). I do all the homework and do an effort if I am bad at something.
3) This stereotype affects me in the way that as I do my homework if I have to do a work in pairs and we don’t finish I have to finish it although I don’t want to, but I do it because I know that noone will do it for me and I don’t want to get a low mark.
4) The one who is affected is my partner and myself as he does never work and get a good grade although he did a very poor job, and I had to do the most.
5) I realize at school.
6) Not everyone who uses glasses and brackets like to do all the work if it’s in groups. People should know that.
7) The conclusion is: Although I look as typical nerd I am not one of them.
It is in English.
In Literature class we saw a prezi about Anita Desai, the author of this story.
“theory: rite of passage”.
1. Anthropology. a ceremony performed to facilitate or mark a person’s change of status upon any of several highly important occasions, as at the onset of puberty or upon entry into marriage or into a clan.
2.any important act or event that serves to mark a passage from one stage of life to another.
Place: a house
Time: summer teatime
Weather: too hot
Social conditions: middle class routonary life conditiones bu weather
Mood: tense. “Confinement” in prision. Wrtained and shuttered. Lungs stuffed with cotton wool, couldn’t breath. Choke, sofocated too hot oppresed.
- Find images of animals. What are they doing?
- Find phrases or words in connection to ‘death’
Birds, drooping almost dead from exhaustion.
Dog as if dead dying travellers
Parrots feel out of the tree like dying
Begging for simpathy who’s begging for simpathy in the end?
Mira motherly figure
Point of view: 3rd person
Omnisient narrator is outside the scene. Elevated formal language full of literary terms.
When Manu is caught, Ravi fwsla it could have been him
Specular momemt (mirror)
Ravi Manu (specular)
Whatever that has lots of descriptions is limited.
Yo trabaje con Martin Anania.
- “Pero se detuvieron indecisos en la orilla del foso, cuando ya disponían atravesarlo, porque había aparecido un ave agorera: un águila volaba alto, llevando en las garras una enorme serpiente sangrante, pero viva. Esta se estremecía aún y no se había olvidado de la lucha, pues, encorvandose hacia atrás, hirió al águila en el pecho, cerca del cuello. El águila herida dejó caer a la serpiente en medio de la muchedumbre y, chillando voló con la rapidez del viento.” Homero y La Ilíada.
- Agorera: http://lema.rae.es/drae/?val=agorera Estremecía: http://lema.rae.es/drae/?val=estremec%C3%ADa
- Este augurio esta representando que sucederá con ellos. Comenzaran ganando pero los aqueos no se rendirán y ganaran.
This video explains how the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was the “last straw”, was the cause that started a chain reaction so that the alliances were useful. It talks about the dates that wars were declared and the July crisis.
This is my final essay: