2) Which term followed War Guilt? How much would it be today? What consequences/impact did it have on Germany?
3) Why were the victors planning to prevent a future war with Germany in the Treaty?
4) What territorial losses did Germany have to face? What happened to the German colonies? What did Wilson dislike about this?
5) Which new nations were created after WW1?
1) Germany was responsable…
For war because: It didn’t take long for Germany to declare war on Russia and then on France. Then she invaded Belgium in just a matter of days.
Against because: There was the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. The terms that Austria-Hungary put on Serbia. The Russians decide to enter war, which gave Germany a pretext to enter war.
2) The term that followed war guilt was reperations. They had to pay 400 billion 2013 dollars. It humiliated Germany, future generations that had nothing to do with war, had to pay. But they ended up paying $60 billion 2013 dollars. It also aaffected it’s economy.
3) The allies didn’t want future war with Germany because if she had won her points for to declare war would be harder.
4) From Germany territory was taken, as from colonies to land in the proper country. Poland wss carved out of Germany and Alsace Lorraine was given back to France. As for the colonies, they were distribute between de European Empires. President Wilson didn’t like it because in his 14 points for peace, he said that there should be democracy in Europe and countries should have self determination.
5) The new nations were: Poland, Yugoslavia, Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia.
I think the proyect was a better way to study the Conference because a had fun with my friends, so I learnt the topic easily and could understand it properly. I would like for the children of next year to read everything together and then get into groups and to be able to pick their groups.