This year at school I’ll be working on an e-portolio. It will consist on all of my work I’ll do along the year, with the aim of creating a section of the blog where you can find all of my work done when I’m inspired.
Hope you enjoy my work as much as I enjoy doing them!
- Study the effects of adrenaline and ADH after reading this link.
Act: a- Use bullet points to summarise the effects of adrenaline.
b- Describe 3 situations in which adrenaline is secreted. Post a picture to show the examples.
All mammals have a CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM and a PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. The CNS is made up of the brain and the spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is made up of nerves and receptores.
For this week, we were assigned the following task by our Biology teacher.
- In pairs, add a video which shows the pupil reflex in your eyes.
- Using your reflex actions´knowledge , sketch the sequence of the pupil reflex. State the stimulus, receptors, coordinator, effector, effect, response and all the neurones involved.
- What is the importance of this reflex?
- Booklet act: COMPLETE questions 1 b and c on page 9.
Before starting to read the story “The Lady in the Looking Glass”, we did some research based on the following criteria:
- Important facts about her life.
- Her influence on female writers.
- The techniques she introduced.
I worked next to Martin Anania, Jeronimo Leguizamon, Otto Kreutzer Vernet and Felipe Vidal on this presentation on the effects of heroin, painkillers and antibiotics.