All mammals have a CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM and a PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. The CNS is made up of the brain and the spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is made up of nerves and receptores.
For this week, we were assigned the following task by our Biology teacher.
- In pairs, add a video which shows the pupil reflex in your eyes.
- Using your reflex actions´knowledge , sketch the sequence of the pupil reflex. State the stimulus, receptors, coordinator, effector, effect, response and all the neurones involved.
- What is the importance of this reflex?
- Booklet act: COMPLETE questions 1 b and c on page 9.
Before starting to read the story “The Lady in the Looking Glass”, we did some research based on the following criteria:
- Important facts about her life.
- Her influence on female writers.
- The techniques she introduced.
Para empezar este año nuestra profesora de Literatura, Camila, nos dio un poema para leer llamado “Cuidado con las palabras” por Alejandra Pizarnik. Luego de analizar el poema, nos dio a elegir entre dos frases, en las cuales basarnos para escribir un ensayo. Yo elegí la frase “El lenguaje es el arma mas poderosa”. Sigue leyendo
This year we are starting our preparation for the AS exams. To start with, our teacher, Pato, divided us into several groups and assigned us two authors who we are going to read stories from, to learn about their lives, so as to be able to understand the movement which they belonged to, and their main themes when writing.